Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Camp Barakel, "where God has blessed", is in Fairview, Michigan. It was founded by Uncle Johnnie. This was his wife's recipe and camp used it for sauce or for frosting. It is not "fudgy" sauce but has the merits of being simple and cheap- perfect for filling up hungry children who've been running through the woods and singing loudly enough to fill the rustic, log-beamed chapel. The amounts in parentheses are for a camp sized recipe. It's been down-sized for personal use. To make frosting, just use twice as much corn starch. ( 4 T for small batch, 1 1/2 cups for camp size) I'm guessing at the number of servings.
- 6 tablespoons cocoa (2 1/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (7 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sugar (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (2 T)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (3/4 cup)
- Blend together in saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute until thickened.
- Serve warm or cool if for frosting.