Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy of Juan Carlos Cruz from the Low Calorie Commando on the Cooking Network. Posted for the Low Fat Holiday Challenge!
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Carefully drag a vegetable peeler the length of the zucchini to create
- long strands. Discard centers with the seeds.
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat with the butter.
- Add the zucchini and quickly toss to coat with the butter.
- Add parsley, thyme, oregano, and lemon pepper. Toss again and warm through, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg noodles. Toss once again until pasta is warmed through but zucchini
- remains crisp tender.
- Taste and adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
This wasn't that great for us. They weren't unpleasant, simply a little bland. With some work on spicing it to our taste, it could be good.
Everyone in the house loved it!!! Added in Carrots also used the peeler to make long strands.
I left out the egg noodles and these tasted just like noodles, although they did not reheat very well.