Paris D's Note:
This makes the most flavorful turkey burger I've ever had. I hope you enjoy it, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 lbs ground turkey, preferably from the legs and thighs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, loosely packed chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced fresh
- 1 tablespoon sage, minced fresh
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped fresh
- 1Sauté the chopped onion in olive oil for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes, or until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat. Transfer the onions, garlic, and oil to a large bowl to cool down.
- 2Once the onions are cool to the touch, add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, and herbs into the bowl. Using your hands, gently mix everything until well combined. You want the herbs mixed in without overworking the meat (which would make the burgers tough).
- 3Form the meat into patties. Here's a burger patty tip: use your fingers to form a slight indentation in the middle of the patties. When burger patties cook, the meat contracts from the edges. Having the middle part slightly thinner than the edges when raw will help the patties finish with a more even shape (less bulge in the middle).
- 4Cook on a hot grill or in a hot cast iron frying pan for 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked through (165°F if using a meat thermometer). If using a grill, coat the grill grates first with a little vegetable oil. If using a frying pan, put a little oil in the pan first to help keep the burgers from sticking.
- 5Serve with toasted buns, and the accompaniments of your choice—sliced onions, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, bacon, mayonnaise (especially good with mayo), mustard, relish, ketchup.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Turkey Burger
Serving Size: 1 (1045 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 286.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 22.6 g