Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious spinach dip from the America's Test Kitchen Cookbook.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 medium scallions, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mince garlic clove in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to serving bowl and chill for at least 1 hour.
This is my go-to appetizer for parties. Everyone loves it! The only changes I make are to substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream and mayo with olive oil in place of regular mayo.
This is really good. I used baby spinach which I wilted by steaming then chopped after squeezing out the liquid. I used yellow bell pepper as that is what I had. For the sour cream I used Balkan (thick) yogurt. The mayonnaise I used was Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free. I used flat leaf parsley, fresh dill, sea salt to taste and the rest. I can imagine it would look good served inside a hollowed out pumpernickel bread alongside carrots, celery etc. I would probably make this again as a veg dip. Made for Potluck Tag - Feb/Mar '10 - MAKE THE CONNECTION Event!