Prep 25 mins
Cook 22 mins
this is another from my diabetes self management magazine
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces fully cooked baby shrimp, unthawed
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced green onion
- 3 ounces feta cheese with garlic and herbs, finely crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, coat a pizza pan, or baking stone with cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with cornmeal.
- Place pizza dough on pan and, starting at center, press dough out with hands to cover pan.
- Using your fingertips or a pastry brush, coat dough lightly with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with rosemary.
- Bake 5-8 minutes, or until light golden, remove crust from the oven and sprinkle with mozarella, top evenly with a single layer of shrimp, then sprinkle with green onions and cover with feta cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 17-22 minutes more, or until crust is deep golden.
It sounded great, but when I got the refrigerated dough, I discovered it was 31 grams of carbs alone! This really isn't the best diabtetic pizza recipe.