Recipe by FlemishMinx
Attractive and full of flavor, not to mention easy to prepare (oops, just did). You may certainly use PANKO breadcrumbs, but be sure to crumble them finely first with your fingers. This pairs nicely with parmesaned orzo and grilled zucchini.
Top Review by Chef de Sucre
Very good. I used red onion instead of shallots and sherry cooking wine instead of white wine. The bread crumb mixture could be halved in my opinion, but I suppose that depends on how large the salmon fillets are. Thanks!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely minced (NOT oil-packed)
- extra salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F and adjust oven rack to center of oven.
- Lightly grease a small oven-proof baking dish (large enough to fit the fillets in one layer).
- In a small flat bowl (large enough to accomodate one salmon fillet, or use a piece of wax paper instead), combine the sea salt, pepper, basil, thyme, rosemary and bread crumbs.
- Press the TOP of each fillet (not the skin side) into the crumb mix, then place each in the baking dish (skin side down).
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mix over the salmon, dividing equally, and pressing lightly into the samon.
- Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil.
- Bake in oven just until fish flakes when tested in the center, about 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish.
- As the fish is baking, heat the remaining 2 tsp oil in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat; add shallots and saute, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, about 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes, and cook until "sauce" is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 2 minutes-watch this carefully, it goes quickly!
- Spoon tomatoes and "sauce" over the salmon and serve immediately.