Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this at emerils.com. Served along side with baked salmon. This is a keeper!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the rice is glassy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until almost all the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add the peas without stirring.
- Cover and continue to cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit covered without stirring for 15 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Add the parsley and mint and stir to combine.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.