Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
Even though I'm trying to eat healthier, including reducing my intake of red meats, my family really isn't all that open to such an option. So I figured the best compromise would be to at least find healthier recipes. I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers website, and I thought it would be a good choice for special occasion dinner parties. I didn't see the recipe on this site, so I thought I'd post it so others will have the recipe, too. It is worth 6 Points +
- 4 lbs lean prime rib roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F Season roast with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, mayonnaise and horseradish. In another small bowl, combine parsley, thyme, dill and 1 tablespoon of mustard mixture.
- Place the beef, rib-bone down, in a roasting pan; coat top with remaining mustard mixture and cook meat until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of roast registers 110°F Coat roast with remaining mustard mixture and press herb mixture onto mustard with your hands.
- Continue cooking roast until a thermometer inserted into the center of the beef registers 140°F for medium, or longer until desired degree of doneness.
- Cover loosely with foil, and let the beef stand 20 to 30 minutes before carving into 12 thick slices. Yields 1 slice per serving.
Very nice weekday dinner. The cooking time is just right, ended up with a flavorful nicely cooked roast.. I did omit the salt, and replaced with 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, and added an 1/8 teaspoon onion powder. The roast itself had a nice color to it, Great , and a hit here. Made for PRMR TAG