Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty peas in a butter-herb sauce.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Sauté onion and celery in butter in saucepan until tender.
- Add peas, salt, pepper, marjoram, and water.
- Cover tightly; cook just until peas are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- (This technique also works well with green beans or corn).
Delicious and a change of pace for us. Used marjoram. Appreciate that you only use 1 pan. Thank you ElaineAnn for sharing.
These peas are great! I usually do not like frozen veggies unless mixed in a casserole but these are very good! I left out the celery for DH and used dill. Will be making again!! Made for Week 8 Football Pool win 2010.
What a yummy side these sweet little peas were. Made using a 16 ounce size bag of frozen peas and the dill weed option, also left out the celery. Will definitely be making these tasty peas again. Thanks for the post.