Herbed Cardamom Peas
Peas (frozen or canned), on their own, are not one of my favorite vegetables but they are convenient to have on hand. This recipe dresses them up and adds flavor which I find otherwise lacking. I have only prepared this with frozen peas, but assume it would work just as well with the canned variety.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas
- water, to cover peas for boiling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh chives, snipped in 1 in pieces (optional)
- Place the peas in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Boil the peas for as long as you prefer (I only cook about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, marjoran and cardamom.
- Drain the peas, then return them to the saucepan (off the heat).
- Sprinkle the spice mixture and parsley over them and mix well.
- Remove to serving bowl and top with the chives (if using); serve immediately!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am discovering how much I enjoy using unusual spice mixes for peas! First I tried mint in another recipe from 'zaar and now this. I would definitely decrease the pepper for next time. It overpowered all the other spices in my opinion but I will definitely be making this again! Thanks so much!:)Reply