Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
Try these potatoes that have a Mediterranean influence with their lemon, garlic, and herbs. They are delicious topped with the feta cheese. The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup and 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped of fresh mint
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a medium baking dish.
- Stir the potatoes, garlic, olive oil, water, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until the potatoes are evenly coated and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the potatoes begin to brown, about 40 minutes.
- Season the potatoes with the oregano and mint.
- If the dish appears dry, pour another 1/4-1/2 cup water into the dish.
- Return to the oven and bake about 40 minutes more.
- Top with the crumbled feta cheese to serve.
So good! Loved the herb blend and feta - it really made these pop! I had reduced this to one serving, so when I stuck it back in the oven for the second bake, I ended up taking it out after about 10 minutes. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
Wonderful! I love any kind of roasted potatoes, and these did not disappoint. I could not taste the mint at all, so I might increase that slightly next time. Loved the feta with it! Thanks for posting.
these were so tasty!!! made exactly as written but had to use dried mint instead of fresh and used chicken broth instead of water. so flavorful and easy! love the added tang of the feta at the end! thanks for another winner, annacia! made for 1-2-3 tag!