Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6.
- 2 lbs boiling onions, peeled (or pearl onions)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Add onions to boiling salted water.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Slowly melt butter along with brown sugar in a large heavy frying pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring to mix.
- Add onions.
- Cook until onions are tender and almost all the syrup clings to them, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in rosemary.
I really enjoyed this dish! The rosemary brought it all together. Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.