- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the margarine melt in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add in garlic; stir/saute for 1 minute (do no let garlic burn).
- Add in rice; stir well.
- Add in water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in onion tops, basil, and thyme.
- Sprinkle with cheese.