1/3 Photos of Herb Wreath
This handmade wreath is beautifully crafted using fresh home grown rosemary, thyme, sage, lavender, oregano, bay leaves, splashes of color with red chili peppers, edible flowers or edible dried berries. A beautiful way to enhancing your home or your friends or families home for holidays that will keep your cooking herbs within easy reach. Many herbs carried a symbolic meaning— Bay: glory, honour, reward. Chamomile: energy in adversity, patience, long life, wisdom. Dandelion: faithfulness, happiness. Garlic: protection, strength, healing. Marjoram: joy happiness. Rosemary: remembrance, love, loyalty, fidelity. Sage: wisdom, long life, esteem immortality, esteem. Sunflower: haughtiness, lofty, pride, pure thoughts. Thyme: activity, bravery, courage. The amounts are missing because It depends how much you harvest as to the size of your wreath or how many you make. And don't stop at round try to make a swag as well. This does make a beautiful center piece with a candle in the center.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 stalks fresh rosemary, twelve inch branches
- 1Gather herbs, leaving the stems about 3 inches long. Use the freshest, healthiest herbs available, and make sure they are physically strong enough to withstand being bound together; basil, for example, may be too soft. Remove any spent blossoms or withered leaves. Lay out small bundles of the herbs, using three stems per bundle.
- 2Using 24-gauge wire, secure the rosemary to each other (The sprigs should all be facing the same direction) to form a circle.
- 3Attach the herbs to each other, wrapping the wire around the bottom of the herb stems. Place the next bundle so that it covers the stems of the first, arranging each variety of herb in its own quadrant. Or mix and match to fill any empty spots. being sure to secure the herb tightly for they will loosen as they dry. You should make the wreath as full as possible.
- 4The peppers or flowers can be pushed into where they need to go to fill and add color!
- 5Hang the finished, fragrant product in your kitchen so you can use it when needed or give it as a gift.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Wreath
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: