Baked Turkey Thighs in Wine-Herbs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 turkey thighs
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 3 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper the turkey thighs.
- Sprinkle with oil and place in baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Sauté potatoes in butter and 1 tsp oil for 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Baste turkey with white wine.
- Add rosemary, bay leaves and thyme.
- Add sautéed potatoes around turkey and return to oven. Continue baking another 20 minutes.
- Pour the cooking fluid into a measuring cup. Remove excess fat and serve turkey with sauce on the side for dipping or pour some over turkey.
Join The Conversation
Yummy. I added garlic, onions and used a mix of carrots and potatoes instead of just the potatoes. The cooking time, however, needed to be adjusted as per the instructions I was left with some raw turkey in the middle. I added another 15 min of cooking and bumped up the temp to 375 for the last 10 min.
Just delicious! Very easy and wonderful flavor. I did not use any butter and it was still terrific. I increased the cooking time for a total of 2.5 hours at 350. The first hour I covered the pan with tin-foil, then after an hour I added cut-up turnip instead of potatoes and left the pan uncovered. Thanks for posting such a great recipe.