Recipe by Bev
Need a quick healthy fix to supper? I discovered this recipe in Southern Living, January 2007.
Top Review by Rootwoman
My family and I tried this recipe. The flavor was nice. However, the fish (we used flounder) had a mushy texture. We feel this was because we used frozen not fresh fish. Unfortunately our dinky town doesn't have a fish market. We will try this again with fresh fish. The vinaigrette was delicious over the mixed veggies we made to go with the fish.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 lbs flounder or 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over both sides of fillets.
- Arrange fish on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with garlic. Arrange lemon slices over fish.
- Broil 6 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette.
- To Make Vinaigrette:.
- Whisk together all ingredients.