Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons course grainy mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 T drippings in skillet.
- Cook shallots and garlic in hot drippings for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add brown sugar and cook stirring constantly for one minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Process garlic mixture, orange juice, and remaining ingredients in blender until combined.
- FYI the cooked bacon is not actually used in this recipe, but you can top your salad with it if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This brought back lots of good memories. One of the first "gourmet" recipes I ever made was a hot bacon dressing, over fresh baby spinach, when I was about 15 or 16 years old. It's been my favorite dressing ever since but I haven't made it in years. This recipe, by FAR, is superior to any other I've tasted. I didn't blenderize it because I happen to love the look of grainy mustard & I think that the aged balsamic vinegar just puts this over the top. The entire combination was melodic. I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for posting, Vicki! Made & enjoyed for ZWT-6 Team Xtra Hot Dishes! :)
I love spinach salad with hot bacon vinaigrette dressing. My mom has always just used the bacon drippings, bacon and a little vinegar which was very good. But this recipe is just awesome!! I think the combination of the mustard, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and oj is the key. Divine! This is how I will make our fresh spinach salad from now on. Thanks Vicki for a great PAC Spring '09 and this keeper of a recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As a transplanted Texan I love spicy foods and love to tweek recipes to include a little kick. I am a dialysis nurse and have two grown children living in VA and MA.<br /><br /><a href=http://phpweby.com/service/visitormap/ target=_blank><img title=World Visitor Map! src=http://m.phpweby.com/1709.png alt=Visitor Map /></a> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2354074&c=7062535 border=0 alt=Free Web Site Hit Counter /></a><a href=http://www.flowerdeliverydeals.com>Comparison Shopping</a></p>