photo by Calee
- Ready In:
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 boneless skinned chicken breasts, cubed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Whisk together chicken broth and next 7 ingredients; set aside.
- Heat oils in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Add chicken, and stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken pieces are browned and no longer pink inside.
- Add peas, bell pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir chicken broth mixture, and add to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice; garnish, if desired.
- Serves 4.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good. I served it with brown rice pad thai noodles. I did not have the sweet chili sauce so I added some red curry paste. Other than that I made as directed, adding more vegetables such as kohlrabi and broccoli. I also did not have the peanuts for garnish; we added some chopped cilantro instead which added an interesting flavor. I would definitely make this again.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.