1/3 Photos of Herb Chevre Fig Spread
From BHG, with a few changes and adjustments. The original recipe called for walnuts but I'm not a fan so replaced with almonds. Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- boiling water
- 3/4 cup chopped dried fig (about 14 whole figs)
- 3 ounces crumbled chevre cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, snipped
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almond, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- fresh thyme (optional)
- 1In a small bowl pour boiling water over figs to cover; let stand 15 minutes. Drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together chevre, sour cream, basil, and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in drained figs and 1/4 cup almonds. Thin with milk if needed. Cover and chill in refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- 3To serve, transfer spread to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and fresh thyme (if using).
- 4Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Chevre Fig Spread
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 44.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g