1/3 Photos of Heffalumps - Caramel Popcorn Balls
RubberDucky AU's Note:
Heffalumps? Heaven Lumps. Chewy, crispy, sweet balls of heaven. From the Family Circle Sweets & Chocolates book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pop the corn. (heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Add popping corn and cover tightly. Hold lid of pan on tightly and shake occasionally. Cook until popping sounds stop.).
- 2Put the popped corn into a large bowl and set aside.
- 3Combine sugar, butter, honey and cream in a small heavy based pan. Stir over medium heat without boiling until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- 4Brush sugar crystals from sides of pan with wet pastry brush. Bring to the boil and boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- 5Pour syrup over popcorn. (warning super hot) Using two metal spoons combine thoroughly.
- 6When mix has cooled enough to handle but not set, form popcorn into golf-ball sized balls with oiled hands.
- 7Place on wire rack to set.
- 8Store in airtight container in cool dark place for up to 1 week. But who would want to do that?
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heffalumps - Caramel Popcorn Balls
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g