Heffalumps? Heaven Lumps. Chewy, crispy, sweet balls of heaven. From the Family Circle Sweets & Chocolates book.
- Pop the corn. (heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Add popping corn and cover tightly. Hold lid of pan on tightly and shake occasionally. Cook until popping sounds stop.).
- Put the popped corn into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, honey and cream in a small heavy based pan. Stir over medium heat without boiling until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Brush sugar crystals from sides of pan with wet pastry brush. Bring to the boil and boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Pour syrup over popcorn. (warning super hot) Using two metal spoons combine thoroughly.
- When mix has cooled enough to handle but not set, form popcorn into golf-ball sized balls with oiled hands.
- Place on wire rack to set.
- Store in airtight container in cool dark place for up to 1 week. But who would want to do that?