Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is similar to a sandwich found in a restaurant that shall not be named!
- 2 (6 -8 ounce) filet steaks
- salt and pepper
- 2 sourdough French rolls
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Slice filets through the middle, horizontally, to end up with 4 thinner filets about 1/2 inch thick each.
- Cook filets on a hot grill for 2-4 minutes per side, or until cooked to your preference.
- Salt and pepper both sides of each filet.
- Slice rolls in half horizontally.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the cut side of the top halves.
- Spread the mustard on the cut side of the bottom halves.
- When the filets are done, slice them into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
- Arrange the sliced filets evenly over the mustard on each bottom roll.
- Place the tomato slices over the filets.
- put the shredded lettuce on top of the tomatoes.
- Place the top buns on the lettuce and slice the sandwiches diagonally into two even halves.
- Hold each sandwich half together with toothpicks to serve.
Used blue-cheese and spinach with grilled onions.
Very good. Used whole wheat hogie and sirloin steak pounded about 1/2 in thick and grilled about 3 minutes. May add cheese and/or onion and sliced green pepper next time.
Simple and Very good, I did add Provalone cheese. You can never go wrong with filet.