Wagyu Steak Sandwich
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got this from a local cooking show I was watching. Tried it and loved it. A very nice alternative steak sandwich. Perfect for summer lunch or light dinner.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 (150 g) wagyu steaks
- 4 thin slices quality sourdough bread
- 1⁄2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained, chopped finely
- 50 g blue cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh ripe pear, sliced thinly
- 1 large handful of fresh watercress
- Heat half the oil in a small frying pan and cook onions for 10 minutes over a medium heat until they are softened.
- Add sugar, vinegar and salt & pepper and cook until liquid evaporates and onions become jam-like.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and rub with a little of the remaining olive oil.
- Cook on pre-heated frying pan or barbeque flat-plate until cooked as desired for about 2 minutes each side.
- Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm and rest.
- Drizzle each of the slices of bread with the remaining oil and toast on both sides until golden.
- To serve, combine mayonnaise with pepper and capers and spread on one side of each piece of sourdough.
- Top two of the pieces of sourdough with watercress, onions, steak, pear slices and blue cheese. The top with remaining piece of sourdough, mayo side down and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION