Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great side dish, using hash brown potatoes. I found this recipe in the church cookbook and have tried it.
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Break up potatoes and mix in all ingredients, all but the topping.
- Put into baking dish and top with the combination of corn flakes and melted margarine/butter.
- Bake at 350 degF for about 45 minutes.
THese are easy and great! Been making these for years...here in Pennsylvania we refer to these awesome taters as "Pittsburgh Potatoes"...try them you will not be disappointed!