1/6 Photos of Heavenly Pie ( Lemon Meringue Reversed)
1 hr 20 mins
This my Grandma used to make for my DAD! Found the recipe once she passed away. It's yummmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together 1 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- 2In a large grease-free mixing bowl beat the egg whites at a slow steady speed. When they are foamy gradually add the cream of tartar and sugar mixture. When the meringue begins to form soft peaks, increase to a moderate beating speed.
- 3Beat another 5 minutes, until the meringue is thick, but still glossy, and forms peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- 4Line a well greased 9 or 10 inch pie pan with meringue mixture to form a pie crust.
- 5Bake for 1 hour at 225 degrees.
- 6Stir in 1/2 cup sugar to egg yolks with lemon juice and zest, cook in double boiler (or Micro) until very thick about 8-10 minutes.
- 8Combine 1/2 whipped cream with Lemon egg mixture and fill meringue shell, chill 24 hours.
- 9Cover with remaining whipped cream.
- 10Serve AWAY!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Pie ( Lemon Meringue Reversed)
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 175.9 mg
- Sodium 53.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g