Recipe by taratee
Everytime I make this for a social event, I end up writing the recipe down for at least 6 people! This is soooo fantastic and easy!! I ripped it out of a Carolina Country magazine about a year ago and have made it a zillion times!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 scallion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- With a hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese and mayo in a medium bowl until they are thoroughly whipped up together.There is just something about using a mixer that is way better than mixing it by hand.
- Fold in the velveeta and jalapenos .
- Spread all this goodness into a pie plate.
- Mix crackers and butter in a separate bowl and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 20min.
- Top with scallions and serve with whatever you like, for it is merely a vehicle to shove this cheesy delight into your face. We use the rest of the Ritz crackers. You had to buy them anyway, right?