Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Everytime I make this for a social event, I end up writing the recipe down for at least 6 people! This is soooo fantastic and easy!! I ripped it out of a Carolina Country magazine about a year ago and have made it a zillion times!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 scallion, diced
- With a hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese and mayo in a medium bowl until they are thoroughly whipped up together.There is just something about using a mixer that is way better than mixing it by hand.
- Fold in the velveeta and jalapenos .
- Spread all this goodness into a pie plate.
- Mix crackers and butter in a separate bowl and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 20min.
- Top with scallions and serve with whatever you like, for it is merely a vehicle to shove this cheesy delight into your face. We use the rest of the Ritz crackers. You had to buy them anyway, right?
Huge hit! Made for euchre and everyone raved...will be making for Halloween party next weekend! Made for PAC Fall 2012