This is a dangerous cake to have around, it's *so* delicious! for the members that live in Canada and cannot get heath bars use Hershey's Skor toffee pieces, sold in a 200 gram package. This cake has a sweet crunchy topping and is really easy to make. This cake is like no other, just make it and see! This cake can also be made in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan or a springform pan also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (well packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (no substitutes!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) Heath candy bars, chopped (or use 1-1/2 cups Skor toffee bits)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 3In a medium bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together flour, brown sugar, white sugar, butter and salt until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Transfer 1/2 cup butter mixture to a bowl and mix in chopped Heath bars (or toffee bits (if using) mini chocolate chips and pecans; set aside.
- 5Stir in the baking soda into the remaining butter/sugar mixture (not the one that you set aside).
- 6Add in buttermilk, egg and vanilla; beat until JUST combined.
- 7Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle with reserved toffee topping evenly over batter.
- 9Bake for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown and the cake tests done.
- 10Cool completely in baking dish and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heath Bar Toffee Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.3
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 260.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g