Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great hearty soup made with inexpensive ingredients and easy to put together on a busy day. It tastes even better the next day!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb ground beef or 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb turkey
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups chopped cabbage or 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, undrained
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 medium potato, cut into cubes
- 32 ounces of natural chicken broth
- 1 dash hot sauce (to taste)
- Sauté onion, garlic, and celery in olive oil until soft. Add ground meat and cook until brown, stirring to break up chunks. Sprinkle with sage and basil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well. Add cabbage and cook, stirring, until wilted. Add beans, potato, carrot, chicken broth, and hot sauce. Cook until carrots and potatoes are soft, about 25 minutes.