Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (32 ounce) can canned tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved length,sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine the undrained tomatoes, undrained beans, water, and remaining vegetables and seasonings in a 4-quart Dutch oven.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until vegs. are tender.
I had really high hopes for this soup but it just didn't work for us. The only thing that I did differently was to use a grated zucchini that was frozen from this Summer's garden. We salted it and it made it a bit better but still... Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs '08.