Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick satisfying soup in a hurry.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (3-1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- crisp corn tortilla strips
- Mix broth, rice and cumin in saucepan.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice and heat through.
- Top with Crisp Tortilla Strips.
- Crisp Tortilla Strips: Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place on baking sheet.
- Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
I made this soup with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving (it comes early here in Canada). My husband said it's worth a repeat. I still have leftover turkey in the freezer. I thought it would not have enough flavour, but the salsa certainly fixed that. My daughter thought it was spicy, but she had several bowls. Thanks for the recipe!!