Recipe by Melanie2590
This is a really simple, delicious, very filling soup that my entire family just LOVES. It is easy to make and it freezes very well so I usually double the recipe and have leftovers in my freezer for whenever I get the craving for it. It's pretty dang healthy, too! Just a little spicy but not unbearable- even my 4 year old likes it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans (original)
- 1 (15 ounce) canranch style brand pinto beans with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces frozen corn
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef (or turkey) and onion in a large skillet until meat is done. Transfer meat mix to a large pot.
- Add ranch dressing mix, taco seasoning, and 1 cup water and stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients. (The easiest way to measure the corn is to pour it into an empty bean or tomato can before adding to the pot).
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring ocassionally.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve with corn bread. Yum!