Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hearty Soup in a jar, colorful kitchen decor and practical gift idea. This hearty soup in a jar recipe is easy to put together and fun to give.
- 236.59 ml small dried red beans
- 118.29 ml dried lentils
- 59.14 ml dried split peas
- 59.14 ml white navy beans
- 39.43 ml chicken bouillon granules
- 78.07 ml instant minced onion
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 158.51 ml raw brown rice (NOT INSTANT)
- Layer your beans in jar.
- In a small plastic bag, mix bouillon granules, minced onion, basil leaves, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, ginger and bay leaf.
- In another small plastic bag, place rice.
- Attach these hearty soup recipe instructions to the jar:.
- Hearty Soup Recipe.
- To prepare, wash beans and place in a 3-quart saucepan with 6 cups water.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain beans and return to pan.
- Add package of seasonings with 8 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add rice and continue simmering until beans and rice are tender 45 minutes.
- Serves 6.