Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
I love this recipe because it meets all my requirements: FAST EASY & GOOD! So nice to come in on a cold day and whip this together in 15 or 20 minutes. My family loves it.
Top Review by Laura O.
Now I don't have to go to a restaurant to get French Onion soup. I did not use croutons or broil it - just sprinkled on some mozzarella and let it melt. I also let it simmer slowly for about an hour. This is the first time I've ever made French Onion soup, and thanks to this recipe from Sandy it came out great.
- 2 tablespoons zesty Italian dressing (liquid type, not dry type)
- 3 large onions, peeled, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans water (ues soup can to measure)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat dressing in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 10 minute or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, 2 soup cans water and Worcestershire sauce; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minute.
- Preheat broiler. Ladle soup evenly into 4 large ovenproof bowls. Top with croutons and cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minute or until cheese is melted.