Recipe by PugGrannie
A layered salad from TOH that I have yet to try. I like the combination of ingredients. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ham, julienned
- 1 cup salami, julienned
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup colby or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Place the lettuce in a 2 1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with macaroni and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer with ham, salami, and peas.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, and mustard. Spread over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.