Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Turkey Hill
Make and share this Hearty Dairy Farmers' Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Cook noodles according to directions and drain.
- Brown beef.
- Add onion, pepper, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to beef and heat through.
- Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, and cream cheese.
- Place half of the egg noodles in a large buttered casserole dish.
- Add cheese mixture and cover with the remaining noodles.
- Top with remaining beef mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes.
My family loves this recipe!!
Easy recipe to whip together. We like spices & seasonings in our dishes so I experiented with this one abit. I sauted fresh garlic with the beef. I increased the worcestershire, onion & bell pepper, also added chopped jalapeno along with a sprinkle of essence spice & dash of hot sauce. We don't like our dishes real creamy so I incresed the beef & noodles and sub'd yogurt for cream. Used other suggestions & sprinkled monterey/havarti (melted) on top of beef. Came out tasty & just the right consistency for us, thanks for sharing.
Very tasty. I used 8 oz tomato sauce & 4 oz tomato paste (all I had on hand). I added 3 tbsp sliced green onion tops to the cheese mixture and mixed the cheese mixture with the noodles. I topped it with 2 c. of Mexican 4 cheese blend. DH said it was one of the best pasta dishes he's had. I'll be making this again and again. Thanks for posting this!