Chicken au Gratin Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 whole cloves (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups tortiglioni (or any other short pasta)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 lb canadian havarti cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Melt half the butter in a large casserole over medium heat, add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Pour in wine and chicken broth, add tarragon, cloves, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and let simmer over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Cook the tortiglioni according to instructions on package, adding broccoli florets to the cooking water together with pasta.
- Drain and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the casserole and cut into dices.
- Keep warm.
- Mix together the second half of butter and the flour.
- Stir in mixture to remaining juices in casserole.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, gently stir in tortiglioni, broccoli and chicken dices.
- Pour in ovenproof dish, top with shredded Canadian Havarti cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the oven at 350 ºF (180 ºC) for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!