Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I shall be trying it out and then post any additional information if needs be. Feel free to try it out first and share your comments!
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, Cooking (Apples should be the cooking type (sour not sweet eating apples).)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Sharp, Shredded
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and grease and flour a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the milk, oil, and eggs.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Gently stir in the chopped apples, cheddar cheese, and nuts.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven until loaf is browned and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool to room temperature, on a wire rack, before slicing.