Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These bars are delicious, filling and super healthy. *For this recipe I used Kashi 7 whole grains puff cereal and Quaker old fashioned oats.
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups Puffed Kashi
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together bananas, brown sugar and splenda until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and add to wet mixture.
- Stir in oats, puff cereal, raisins and cranberries and mix well.
- Spread evenly in a 13x9 inches baking pan lined with tin foil.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool 1 minute and using tin foil as handles gently lift bars out of the cake pan. Pull away sides of tin foil and let cool completely at room temperature.
- Once cool, cut into 24 servings.
These bars are very good! I lacked some ingredients, so I substituted Bob MIll's 5 grain cereal for the old fashioned oats, and used dried apricots instead of the raisins. Also, I thought they might be a little too sweet for us, so I used only 3/4 cup splenda and substituted 1/4 cup honey for the brown sugar. I like bigger bars, so mine made 18. They make a wonderful breakfast with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee :) Thanks for a wonderful and healthy recipe!