1/1 Photo of Healthy Vegetable Soup
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is taken from Woman's World Magazine. The nutritional information posted is inaccurate. I believe that when I include "or" in the list of ingredients, all of the options are added together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces chicken broth or 32 ounces vegetable broth or 32 ounces beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups mixed vegetables (mushrooms, okra, kale, zucchini, bok choy, artichoke hearts, broccoli, carrots, celery, peppers, tom)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb cooked turkey or 1 lb ham or 1 lb chicken breasts or 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb tofu
- 1 cup beans or 1 cup brown rice or 1 cup quinoa or 1 cup orzo pasta or 1 cup pasta
- 1/2 cup parsley or 1/2 cup mint or 1/2 cup cilantro or 1/2 cup basil
- lemon wedge
- 1In a large pot, heat oil.
- 2Add onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and saute about 1 minute.
- 4Add broth, water, vegetables and seasonings except for parsley.
- 5Bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat.
- 7Cover and simmer for 20-60 minutes.
- 8Add protein and starch and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- 9Remove bay leaf.
- 10Stir in parsley or other garnish.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Squeeze in lemon juice and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 2245.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: