Adapted this from a recipe I saw in Quick Cooking.
Make and share this Healthy & Tasty Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 -4 chicken bouillon cubes
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- additional water, if needed
- Put all ingredient EXCEPT cornstarch and cold water into crockpot.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into crockpot with all the other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Simple, uncomplicated, and very filling. I used 4 bouillon cubes and didn't need to add additional salt. Added 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. My point calculator says 1 serving is 1 WW pt, although I think I ate more than 1 serving :-)Thanks Dreamgoddess.
A very good recipe! I added one medium potato .. My husband liked it as well .. thanks!
I woke up to a rainy day, and decided this would be a perfect dinner. And, it was! I forgot to pick up any celery, so I left it out, and I added zuccini and broccoli (stems and flowers) to the crockpot after about 5 hours of cooking. The carrots could have cooked a bit longer, but every other ingredient was done just right. At first, I didn't add any pepper, and thought the stew was lacking flavor. However, a few dashes of black pepper woke it right up, and it was delicious. Thanks for an easy recipe that can be so easily modified! PS: I used 2 cups of chicken broth, and thought the amount of broth was perfect.