1/1 Photo of Healthy Pumpkin Soup
My favourite pumpkin soup. Thick and creamy but low in fat. I eat this all winter long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and gently cook onion without browning, for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add pumpkin, carrot and rosemary and cook,stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add stock and bay leaves.
- 4Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 5Remove any rosemary stalks and bay leaves.
- 6Place a third of the soup in the blender with a third of the skim milk powder and puree.
- 7Pour into a large bowl.
- 8Repeat with the remaining soup and milk powder and pour the whole lot back into the saucepan, heat through and serve.
- 9For Vegetarian use vegetable stock.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 450.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: