My favourite pumpkin soup. Thick and creamy but low in fat. I eat this all winter long.
Make and share this Healthy Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and gently cook onion without browning, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, carrot and rosemary and cook,stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove any rosemary stalks and bay leaves.
- Place a third of the soup in the blender with a third of the skim milk powder and puree.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat with the remaining soup and milk powder and pour the whole lot back into the saucepan, heat through and serve.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable stock.