Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try these totally guilt-free, healthy cookies with only 5 ingredients... bananas, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and vanilla. This is a softer cookie, so it would make a great breakfast with an ice cold glass of milk!
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork until no longer lumpy. If bananas aren't very ripe, a hand mixer may be used. Stir in oil, oats, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- For each cookie, spoon about 2 tablespoons of cookie mixture (or more depending on how big you want the cookie) onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- **IF batter seems a little dry, add a little milk to moisten.
- Variations: Instead of chocolate chips add raisins or craisins. Chopped walnuts are great in these cookies. Or, try coconut oil instead of canola oil.
This was just the recipe I was looking for as a late night snack! They came out really yummy with a nice light banana aroma and flavor! I decided to add 2 tablespoons of honey instead of the chocolate chips and they came out just to my liking! Thank you for sharing :)
Simple and tasty! I used coconut oil and chopped dark chocolate. My 3 year old and my 33 year old loved them!
This is my new go-to recipe for using up ripe bananas. Simple to make and the cookies were moist and delicious. As others have pointed out, this is an extremely versatile recipe. I didn't have chocolate chips, but did add peanut butter and they were amazing.