Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
These are a good variation to plain peanut butter cookies. They are especially good when chocolate chips are added.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream butter, peanut butter & sugars.
- Beat in banana, eggs & vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder & salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
- Drop on greased cookie sheets.
- Press lightly with fork.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made these cookies exactly as per the recipe, but doubled it, and added a bag of chocolate chips. It made almost 8 dozen large cookies. They were good, but tasted less of banana that I would have liked. I agree with other reviewers in that they were somewhat cakey, but sort of crispy on the outside. I baked them on parchment paper for 12 minutes, and they came out nicely browned on the bottoms. The grandkids loved them. :-)