Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For those that want dessert/breakfast pastry with out the clogged arteries. Measurements are guesstimates. I tweaked the baking mix (Baking Mix Aka "bisquick") to my liking. And just fabricated from there. I'm posting for storage and to see nutritional value. I'd love to see someone stay healthy but improve on this.
- 1⁄2 cup whole rye flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dry non-fat buttermilk (I used saco cultured blend)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Sweet 'n Low (to desired sweetness)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup water (add 1 teaspoon afterwards)
- 2 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Sweet 'n Low (or to desired sweetness)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in the margarine until pieces not larger than peas. (I used 2 knifes and slice back and forth.).
- Add 1/4 cups water slowly, gently fluff stir with a fork. And then add water 1 teaspoon at a time until no more dry ingredients remain.
- In heaping tablespoon fulls (1/3 cup?) shape into 6 roughly 3 inch wide 1/2 inch thick biscuits onto baking sheet with slight indentation in middle.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the filling.
- Divide the filling among pastries.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy :).