Recipe by gei
With whole-wheat flour and banana instead of eggs, these cookies have less fat and cholesterol. But PACKED! with flavour
Top Review by caitlin-merchant
these are delicious! i had some issues making them as we used freshly ground spelt and didn't remove the bran. after a couple mins in the oven they looked like soup so we scraped it back into the bowl and added a cup of whole wheat. the result was chocolate chips melted into the batter and an extra cup of bran and they were amazing. we also used butter instead of margarine. we will be making these again!
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine (non-hydrogenated)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (1 12-oz package)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together margarine, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add banana and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture while beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough about i-inch apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for a minute and transfer to wire rack to cool.