Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
With whole-wheat flour and banana instead of eggs, these cookies have less fat and cholesterol. But PACKED! with flavour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together margarine, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add banana and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture while beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough about i-inch apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for a minute and transfer to wire rack to cool.
these are delicious! i had some issues making them as we used freshly ground spelt and didn't remove the bran. after a couple mins in the oven they looked like soup so we scraped it back into the bowl and added a cup of whole wheat. the result was chocolate chips melted into the batter and an extra cup of bran and they were amazing. we also used butter instead of margarine. we will be making these again!
Whoa this recipe is great! I also did the 1/2 Brummel & Brown yogurt spread + 1/2 applesauce and they turned out very well. And, I tossed in some hand crushed walnuts (I'm too lazy to chop up the halves!). I'm waiting for my second pan to bake as I type this... we may be having these cookies for dinner. Thanks for the recipe and the tips!!
These were very chocolaty and moist. I love that they taste great and are very healthy!! I used 1/2 c. applesauce and 1/2 c. olive oil instead of the butter to make them even healthier!! I am always on the look out for healthy sweets...I am an addict. Thanks for the great recipe. And thanks Gruenes for the suggestion to use applesauce.