Honey Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies use honey instead of white granulated sugar. Also, 100% whole wheat flour used instead of all purpose flour. Tempature is lowered on purpose beacause honey burns at higher tempatures. This is suppose to be a healthier alternative to cookies made with white sugar.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup light butter, melted
- 2 large eggs (I like egglands best)
- 7⁄8 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup raw chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients until well combined- except oats, raisins and nuts.
- Mix in Oats, raisins, and nuts. Mix well.
- Drop onto lightly greased baking sheet using ice cream scoop.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Bland like Oatmeal. I used almost 7/8 C. Honey, 1 tsp. cinnamon too. I didn't add the additional 2 T. of flour, like that's going to make up for the dryness and add something. Added 1/2 C. nuts. This recipe is crying out for flavor. Might need a chocolate piece on top! Or save your ingredients for a good cookie recipe.Reply