Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My next door neighbour Kim was kind enough to share this recipe with me. She had mentioned she had a great recipe for a healthier muffin. Beats paying McDonalds for one every morning. They freeze great, but you won't probally have any left to freeze unless you make a double batch they are so good!
- 1 cup yogurt, plain or 1 cup vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix yogurt and oats and set aside to moisten.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, oil, and oat/yoghurt mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips or berries. Mix again.
- Divide into 12 paper lined muffin tin.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.