Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
Found this recipe on A Bisquick website. I altered it to make it healthier and they taste delicious! Great for breakfast when you get tired of the usual cereal.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix (I used heart healthy)
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup frozen blueberries (you can use fresh too)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- grease 12 muffin cups or use muffin papers.
- Stir all ingredients except blueberries together in large bowl til moistened. Stir in blueberries.
- Divide evenly among cups.
- Bake 13-18 minutes or until golden brown.
I have tried several "healthy" blueberry muffin recipes but this one tops the cake! I love the texture of them and I loved the low number of ingredients. This recipe is DEFINITLY a keeper. For mine, I did add a dash of cinnamon and a wee bit of vanilla to add some sweetness and spice. Thank you! :D
This recipe is anything but healthy. Sorry to offend you, but just because it's low fat, doesn't make it healthy. Any kind of mix is bad for, any kind of unnatural substitute is bad for you, too. Sorry, but whole grain products are usually the way to go if you are aiming for a healthy Life style. (Applesauce is always a goo sub for fat's in quick bread recipes!)
We really liked these. I followed the recipe exactly. They are a nice alternative to teh already preboxed mix. They are a yummy treat for only 130 calories. I will definatly be making these again because even the kids loved them. Thanks Hula for a great recipe I will make again and again.