Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add your softened butter with the sugar and the salt. With a whisk or a hand mixer cream the mixture together. Once creamed, add the egg, then the vanilla and then the sour cream.
- mix the baking soda into the mixture and then add in the Bob's baking mix. Mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Once smooth add the chocolate chips or whatever else you want in your muffins and stir to combine.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cups and divide the mixture between them. You should get 12 muffin. Alternately you can have 9 really big muffins but the recipe calls for 12.
- Place in your 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, these are fantastic!! Best textured gluten free muffins I've made so far! They are really awesome :) My only complaint is the directions say you can have either 9 "really big muffin" or 12 small ones. I went for the 9 and when all my batter had gone into the 9 holders I was thinking it wasn't much batter, but I was hoping they would bake up a lot bigger than it looked. They didn't lol, they barely went over the top edges of the muffin cups. Oh well, regardless, the flavor and texture was great, 5 stars from me :)
Made a double batch of these delicious muffins, with 6 of them going straight to a neighbor of mine who appreciates these kinds of things, while the other 18 of 'em were part of a handful of breads & muffins that I shared during one of our park's weekly coffee & sweets gatherings! These were much enjoyed by a number of my neighbors, & were gone well before people were leaving! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]