1/8 Photos of Healthy Baked Corn Tortilla Chips (Homemade)
Emily Elizabeth's Note:
A wonderful healthy snack and a great way to use up leftover corn tortillas. Great with Easy Authentic Guacamole or for making nachos. I vary the toppings on this depending on what I will be serving them with, but lately have just been making them plain. VARIATION: If you need more healthy oils in your diet, brush with olive oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Stack tortillas one on top of the other and use kitchen sizzors to cut them into 4 slices like you would cut up a pizza.
- 3Spread them out in a single layer on a cookie sheet (not air-bake) , spacing them at least 1/4" apart (they will be chewy instead of crispy if not spaced properly). (NOTE: If you must use an air-bake pan, try 350 degrees for 20 minutes.).
- 4Shake salt and desired toppings over tortillas.
- 5TOPPING OPTIONS (choose any combo): SPICES: paprika, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder (sparingly), cayenne pepper (sparingly, will add heat!). CHEESES: grated parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, etc. or try SWEET: cinnamon & sugar.
- 6Bake 8-12 mins or until chips are starting to get crispy and slightly golden brown at the edges (check every 1-2 minutes after 8 mins).
- 7Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 mins before serving in order to let them fully crispen. Extra Crispy: put back in turned off oven at least 10 mins or until ready to serve for extra crispy and warm chips (watch them, you may need to leave oven door cracked to prevent over browning).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Baked Corn Tortilla Chips (Homemade)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g