An attempt to reduce fat and sodium content in a family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb 90% lean ground beef (90/10)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1In medium bowl combine, meat, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, dried basil & onion powder. Shape into 1/2" balls, set aside.
- 2In large soup pot, heat broth to boiling; stir in carrots, orzo and meatballs.
- 3Return to a gentle boil, cooking for 10 minutes until orzo is tender; stirring frequently.
- 4Add spinach.
- 5Serve with grated Parmesan sprinkled over top.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Italian Wedding Soup
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.7 g